First, I’m assuming that you mail your clients and prospects a newsletter, at least monthly. If not, START! The #1 reason people leave their current advisor is lack of contact. So use contact to keep your clients… an to take your competitor’s clients!
If you want the recipients of your newsletter to wait at the edge of their seat for your newsletter each month… add two things in with your newsletter.
- A tip sheet, checklist or resource guide. Some examples are:
– What to pack for sun drenched vacations
– How to profit the most from your garage sale
– How to deduct the most from your tangible charitable gifts
– What you should have in your safety deposit box
- Some sort of fun article or information that will make them smile. My advisors and I use a little thing called, “A walk down memory lane.” It’s a fun piece that we get tons of comments about.
These two things cost you only the cost of the paper it’s printed on, because you put them in the same envelope as your newsletter, so there is no additional postage.
What do you get from adding these items? A ton. First, they are not about the client’s money so it shows that we ARE NOT just about the money. And second, it makes us memorable so when we reach out to them about an offer or service we have, all we have to say is… “Hi this is Mike the guy who has been sending you…”
They immediately recognize us and are OK with having a conversation. This is a cheap, effective way to make your newsletters much more profitable!