How would you like to get people to your website? Here’s an idea you could use in many ways, which I’ll discuss in a second. Go to the internet and Google – Custom Fortune Cookies – and you’ll find many companies that will create custom fortune cookies for you. They cost about 30 cents each.
You have them print your free offer on one side and your webpage where people can access your free offer on the other. What should your free offer be? It can be any number of things…
- A guide or case study—“Here’s a way to eliminate taxes at retirement (see back)”
- A tip sheet—“10 ways to make your 401k work better (see back)
- An offer for gift certificate if they come meet with you—“Learn how to get $100 gift to your favorite restaurant (see back)”
- Something cryptic –“See how to turn this cookie into a fabulous retirement (see back)
And like I said, your website is on the back. You need to have whatever you are referring to in the fortune cookie, prominently displayed on your website.
There are a lot of ways you can use your fortune cookies:
- Have a handful nearby to hand out to possible prospects
- Give them away at seminars
- Give them away if you have a booth at an expo
- Give them to client to give away at their parties
- Give them away at your client/prospect appreciation events
- Get them into realtor gift baskets
- Cater a lunch at a business or organization and hand them out
- Put them into the care baskets you drop off to your favorite CPAs during tax season
- Think outside the box… and you’ll come up with even better ideas yourself!
Remember, as Confucius says, “He who is different, wins the day.”