Wouldn’t you rather be on the golf course, instead of your office on those fine summer days? Well, here’s a way to have fun AND bring on clients.
Invite 2 or 3 people you would like to make clients or get to know as centers of influence. They should come from different industries. Some ideas may be… accountants, attorneys, chiropractors, dentists, business people, realtors, politicians, etc.
Let them know it is for some fun… but also to get to know people where there might be mutual business or strategic interests.
Here’s how to conduct the perfect business golf outing:
- Ask them to meet at the club an hour before tee time
- Bring some snacks and drinks to get things rolling
- Make introductions and suggest moving to the practice green
- Make sure golf cart is stocked with their favorite foods and beverages—do some homework by calling their office staff and picking their brains
- At the tee, surprise them each with a sleeve of top-notch golf balls
- Make it a rule that the first 9 holes are about golf… NO business talk
- On the back 9, it should be easy to bring up ideas on how you all might help each other out
- Remember to send them all a handwritten thank you note after the outing
- Get them on your newsletter
- Then, follow up on any ideas discussed