There are 365 days in a year. After you take out weekends, holidays and two weeks’ vacation you are left with 225 Days a year. Heck, I’ll even give you Friday’s off which brings us down to 173 days.
So here’s what you need to do with those 173 days to blow the doors off your past year – commit to doing one, simple marketing activity each of those days. By simply doing one little marketing thing a day (something that will probably take you less than 5 minutes)… you’ll build a pipeline that will be huge by the end of the year.
What kinds of things can you do?
- Send a handwritten note of congratulations to someone that got a promotion (find their names in the section of your local paper that reports this)
- Send a small birthday present to one of your client’s grandkids… you want a huge bang for your buck… this is it.
- Write an endorsement for a local business and send it to them… or post a super positive comment on their website.
- Write a letter to the editor about a topic that is near and dear to your heart, as well as your target market’s hearts.
- Pick up the phone and call a prospect just to check in on them and make sure they are doing alright.
- Make a business introduction that benefits both parties in a significant way (I did this twice a month and, I guarantee you will become the #1 financial advisor in your town by doing this).
- And the list is endless…
Do one simple marketing task each day you work, and your marketing worries will quickly disappear. Can you hold yourself accountable to do this? You know the saying…
Successful people do what unsuccessful people are unwilling to do.