Howdy Neighbor!

Well it’s time I pulled another “highly successful…rarely used” marketing concept out of my filing cabinet for you.  What do I mean by “highly successful rarely used”?  I have coached many successful financial professionals for 8 years now.  It is amazing that the best ideas I give them are only utilized by 1% of them.  The other 99% say, “Wow! That’s a great idea!”  And do nothing.

Which are you? If you are one of the 1% willing to take action then you’ll be able to double your business in a year with this idea.

First put together a list of all your “A” and “B” clients.  Then get a cross directory (a list of people by address).  You can either buy it ( or get it at your local library.  Then each time you meet your clients for their annual review ask them if they would do you a favor.

Pull out a postcard that you have already printed up with verbiage similar to the one below.  Let them know that you would like to send it to their neighbors and ask if they would be OK with it?  I know that the guys that have tried this, NEVER had someone say no.

Example postcard verbiage:

Do these names ring a bell?   <Your Client’s name>  <Your Client’s address>

They are your neighbors and they heard that we were doing all the things that other advisors forget to do!  At first they thought, “What things?  We’ve got all our financial concerns covered!”  Ooops! Contrary to their attorney, CPA and financial advisor’s assurances, they found out that they were missing important documents that these professionals had never discussed with them.  They had not protected themselves from ID theft and their professionals had missed over a dozen important details that could have caused major problems for them or their family.  In one short visit we filled all these gaps and they left happy, sure that now their finances truly were in order.

As our way to introduce ourselves, we would like to send you our “Financial Survivor’s Guide” that is a comprehensive guide for you, your spouse and your family should anything ever happen to you.  Call right now for your free, no obligation guide, on us!  You and your family will be glad that you did!

How hard is it to just ask your clients this simple question at your annual meetings?

What do you get?

About 1 in 4 cards that you send out will call you for the free guide which costs you about a buck to mail to them.  You then simply continue to drip on them with handwritten cards or invite them to your next seminar.

It’s not a matter of “if” they’ll become a client but instead, “when” they become a client.

About Mike Kaselnak

Michael Kaselnak is considered one of the top marketing and sales experts in the financial services industry. He has personally mentored over 300 financial advisors in the past 10 years. These financial advisors saw their average production increase by 62%. Many saw increases of over 300 percent. He writes articles that have appeared in many mainstream magazines and has written the popular report 300 Financial Headlines that sell.
This entry was posted in Client Referrals, General, Marketing Tips. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *