We’d all love to use testimonials… they are powerful. However, the rules about testimonials depend upon how you are licensed. So, let’s just talk about the potential ways to use testimonials regardless of whether you are an RIA, registered rep or insurance professional.
- Here’s the best testimonial that anyone can use. I had annual summer barbeques and winter Christmas light tours for my clients and their friends… and at all of these I took HUNDREDS OF PICTURES!
- I then took the pictures and created “collages” or murals with them. You can do this yourself or use one of the many services out there to do it for you.
- The only art on my waiting room wall were these murals of hundreds of happy faces.
- Inevitably when someone would come in they would find at least two or three happy faces that they knew… can you beat that for a testimonial?
- I have one advisor who is writing huge business off of her “town hall” meetings where she has a guest speaker and her clients bring friends to these morning get-togethers. She had her first $100,000 income month in large part due to the people she’s met through these client-friend attended town halls.
- Create mini-videos on topics of interest and put them on CD’s (you can put them on YouTube as well but you need them on CD’s). The topic could be about how bonds work… or addressing something that’s happening in the economy right now. Then give them to your clients to hand out to their friends and relatives. This is as solid a testimonial as there is! And will generate solid business.
- Get quoted in national magazines (we showed you how in the December 2013 issue).
- Make sure you have your Better Business Bureau signage up. It’s crazy but this really gives people a good feeling about your business.
So there you go, 5 ways to uses testimonials that will work… and will pass muster regardless of the licenses you hold.