We all want more High Net Worth clients, but do you have a system to get them? Follow this plan and by the end of the year you will see a significant bump to the net worth of your new clients.
First thing to understand is that the wealthy in your town hang out together… they know each other. So what we have to do is insert ourselves into their circle of acquaintances. It’s simple, but requires a bit of work. Here’s how you do it.
Find the places that attract HNW people…
|Cultural||Museums, Orchestras, Zoos, Library, etc.|
|Medical||Hospitals, Disease specific orgs, etc.|
|Faith-based||Churches, missions, organizations, etc.|
|Business||Chamber of Commerce, Toastmasters, etc.|
|Alumni||Your college, your kid’s college, etc.|
|Your city||Planning committees, Issue committees, etc.|
|Country Club||Enough said|
|Hobby Clubs||Classic cars, model rail roads, wine, cigar, etc.|
- Join 4 organizations from four of the different categories above. This will ensure you are getting in front of a much wider cross section of the High Net Worth community.
- Make sure to attend at least one meeting, per month, per organization if possible.
- Plan to meet at least 5 new people at each meeting.
- Make sure to renew contact with all of the people you have met at previous meetings as well.
- Keep it low key… DON’T EVER jump into a sales pitch. Your goal is to get to know these people as people… before you look at them as possible clients.
- However… always be ready with a killer elevator speech (which I’ve talked about in numerous previous issues of this newsletter) when they finally do initiate the conversation about what you do. They must be the people to initiate the “what do you do?” conversation… and you must be prepared with your killer elevator speech.
- This goes without saying… but I’ll say it anyway… always be groomed and well dressed.
- Now think about the numbers
- 4 monthly events… 5 new people… 12 months
- 4 x 5 x 12 = 240 new movers and shakers a year in your circle. That equals new business and big business.