Every major marketing company and retailer can tell you how profitable a personalized… surprise contact is. Why our industry doesn’t use this fact baffles me. You NEED to do this! It’s cheap and effective.
Here’s I use it. I send out anniversary emails and personalized notes… over 100 a month. I send them to clients, prospects and centers of influence. What kind of anniversary you ask? Any kind I can think of. Here are some examples:
- Anniversary of the date they became a client
- 6-month client anniversary
- Anniversary of the date they came to a seminar or first contacted my office
- Clients Wedding anniversary (if you know them)
- Retirement date anniversary
- Anniversary of the date their child graduated college
- Anniversary of the date they first subscribed to your newsletter
If you have their email, then do it for free… BUT I’ve always been a big supporter of sending handwritten notes (like I said earlier, I sent over 100 handwritten notes a month—is that a good use of my time? I don’t know, but I made over $1million a year, so I must have been something right).
Please set aside 4 hours a month to send out these anniversary contacts… put it in your calendar right now… it will pay you huge dividends over the next 12 months. It’s amazing how many of these notes turned into additional sales for me.