If you’d like to put the amount of referrals you get on steroids… consider this. If you arm your clients with a great elevator speech (using the information in this video) and then show them that you really care… you’ll see more referrals than you ever dreamed about.
How do you show that you care? Try these ideas:
- Contact your clients when it NOT necessary—just check in to see how they are.
- Send them a note out of the blue telling them how much you enjoy working with them
- Ask your customers what you could do to make their lives easier… encourage them to be wild and crazy with their ideas
- Do something a little extra and surprising for them
- Pass along helpful information that has nothing to do with their investments
- Make sure you are there to lend a hand when they need it… basement floods… child needs help, etc.
- Recognize your clients (with their permission) in your newsletters. Everyone loves to be loved!
- Don’t cut corners—don’t use virtual assistants… or use “send out cards” with the fake font… or use cheap pens… be a class act!
- When something doesn’t go right… get on it and let your client know what you are going to do about it
- Respond promptly
- Better yet… reach out to them before they reach out to you. If the market is down, call them! Just don’t wait around hoping they don’t call.
- Give them free things. It could be checklists, guides or even movie tickets.
- And lastly… be a person of your word