Advisors are always approaching me for ideas on how to leverage a booth at an Expo or trade fair. What if you had every other company at the event promoting you!
1) Get a list of all the other companies and organizations that will have booths at the event. Then, start contacting all those companies well before the event and suggest they do this
- Have them tell anyone stopping by that company or organization’s booth, “If you buy today you can get [xyz… see below] from the ABC Wealth Management booth on the other side of the hall.”
Think about something of value [the xyz thing] that all the other companies are promoting, that you could give away for free, and still leverage into a possible sales opportunity. Here are some ideas:
- A service you will perform
- Example: a discounted or free tax return done.
- A free kit or guide
- An ID Theft Prevention Kit… or Medicare Guide
- An extra chance to draw for a Free 1 oz. silver coin
- A Free meal you are offering next Tuesday at a local restaurant (obviously, this would be at a seminar).
2) Leverage the purchase of your booth by getting the organizers to allow you to speak during the Expo. If the organizers push back, let them know your purchase of space is contingent on you having a chance to speak during the event. This is a cheap, effective way to do a “seminar.”
Either of these ideas will increase your ROI expo-nentially!