A lumberyard chain mailed out, to all the contractors and builders in the area, an 11-inch piece of 2×4. On it was a sticker mentioning a drawing for prizes at a local store. It was mailed. Prospects had to RSVP by phone… to a specific person. This person then began forging relationships with all the people that called.
Granted, this is a lumber company and not a financial company. But their previous best was just a 3.97% response. Jumping up to 50% plus, all six times they did it, shows the power of LUMPY mail. If you want to get someone’s attention… be unusual!
Here’s some ideas that might work for you as an advisor:
- A packet of seeds – “to grow your money”
- A padlock – to “keep your money safe”
- Worry doll or stress ball – To lower your stress
- Poker chips – tired of gambling on the market?
- Aspirin or Tylenol – great for headaches… not so much for the pain of market crashes
- Rubik’s cube – trying to figure out your next move?
- A wallet – Want to know how to fill this without saving more, or spending less?