Navy SEAL Master Chief Will Guild was interviewed by Men’s Health Magazine and talked about 6 Key Principles that SEALS live by. Incorporating them into your practice and life will give you the mindset you need to succeed.
- Put Teammates First – Ask yourself… How do I treat others in my office and life? How do I fit into our team? What are my responsibilities and am I carrying them out?
- Absolutely 2nd Guess Yourself – We all get down sometimes. We may even want to quit. That is the very time you need to 2nd Guess yourself. Don’t give up without looking at the situation from all angles.
- It’s OK To Be Afraid – Being okay with being afraid is the 1st step to overcoming your fear. And if you aren’t afraid of something… you aren’t trying hard enough.
- Your Body Controls Your Emotions – Want to be calm? Act calm. There is proven science to the “fake it til you make it” mentality. Smile or laugh and you can’t help but be happy. Use this valuable tool the next time you feel frazzled or angry.
- Baby Steps – Don’t worry about scoring the touchdown… worry about taking the hike cleanly. Focus on your task at hand and not the end game. Success is guaranteed when you do this.
- Have Faith in Yourself -This is essential to create mental toughness. Have faith in yourself and you’ll always figure it out… no matter the difficulty you find yourself in