How much would it be worth to you to spend an afternoon hosting 24 high-net-worth guys? I am assuming quite a bit. Here’s how one adviser pulled it off…
He first did research to figure out which 100 people in his town he’d love to get to know. He then put together the following package:
- He talked a local golf course into an incredible deal to host a golfing event for the biggest Centers of Influence in town—the golf course was super eager to attract these guys.
- He prepared a box wrapped in nice wrapping paper. He mailed that box in a bigger, hand addressed box to each of the targets—no one could resist opening it.
- In the gift wrapped box he put the following:
- A mini green jacket (like the Masters Golf Jacket
- A card with a URL that was personalized to that person
- At that URL (prepared with a local webmaster) was a landing page personalized for that person where they could sign up.
- 24 of these 100 people attended the golfing event.
- All of them now know the advisor (none of them knew him before)
- All of them willingly gave him their contact information and were open to him remaining in contact with them
- One very large client was brought on board… so far… that paid for the tourney and a very nice ROI.
A lot of work? Yep. But how much is it worth to get on a first name basis with the biggest movers and shakers in your town? Start planning now!