Just saw the key to growing a huge practice over the next 5 and 10 years… a survey done with consumers interested in retirement.
Believe it or not… The survey found that less than 20% of those surveyed were familiar with these 4 basic income strategies:
- Using immediate annuities for income
- Setting up a systematic withdrawal plan
- Structuring a bond portfolio
- Laddering CDs
Basic is right! What we do with our software and planning makes these “4 basic income strategies” look down right backwards.
What the survey points out to us however, is that this is a huge market we can tap into by becoming income experts… BUT… you must sound different than all the other advisors who claim to be income experts.
If I was you…I would make it some different take on the basic theme of Income Expert. Don’t just use Income Expert…think about it. What can you do for someone, with retirement income questions, that none of your competition can do?
- Are you the top expert on a local company’s pension or 401k plan?
- Are you the local teacher’s go-to person for their 403bs because you know more about their choices than anyone else?
- Are you the area’s foremost expert on when people should begin drawing their Social Security?
- Can you explain the 8 different ways someone can set up their investments for withdrawal that increases their income… reduces their taxes… and decreases the chance of running out of money?
- Do you have a plan that makes the average investor feel completely in charge of their income and their lifestyle?
- Do you know more than anyone in the state on EXACTLY how income benefit riders work on VAs?