Your website is the first place a potential client is going to go to check you out. What are they going to find?
Go to your own website right now! And make sure you are doing these 10 things well:
- First… MAKE SURE THEY CAN FIND IT!
a. You can get a simple and easy guide to getting your website at the top of the page when someone in your city is looking for a financial advisor.
b. Find it here… courtesy of 5Q Group.
- Make sure you have a clear description of what you do and what makes you different from your competition.
- Dude! Make sure your website address is easy to type in! Short and sweet is best.
- Be sure your navigation is easy to follow. Use drop-downs in the navigation menu if possible. This help the visitors see the content under every heading, from any page. Make it simple for any visitors to find what they are looking for, or what you want them to know.
- Make it easy to contact you. Put it at the top and the bottom! Don’t make them work to reach out to you. Remember, people have the attention span of a gnat.
- Give them a reason to contact you to further the “conversation.” Give them a report to download… or free software… a magazine reprint… etc.|
- Make sure you have keywords prolifically scattered through your website. If you do not know what keywords are… get in touch with a web master immediately.
- Make sure your hosting company has quality hacking prevention. There is nothing worse than having your website hijacked.|
- Make sure your website has a clean and inviting look to it. Some things to think about:
a. Use bullets and call out boxes
b. Highlight or underline key points
c. Use short paragraphs
d. Use great images
e. Keep the look clean with lots of white space
f. And don’t do it yourself… unless you are a skilled web designer
- Make it mobile device friendly! More and more people are doing their online time with their phones and tablets