Do you have one person or a group of people that if you landed them… it would be a huge boost to your business? If you are willing to invest a little effort and 6-weeks of your time… here’s a creative way to get them to pay attention to you.
A non-profit created a very successful fund-raising campaign using a puzzle. Here’s how you can use the same idea to get your big prospects’ attention.
- Create a simple graphic that illustrates or states your Unique Selling Proposition.
- Google “Personalized Puzzle” and you’ll find several companies that will create a puzzle for you. The cost is around $15.
- Make sure to use the “children’s” version of the puzzle so that your puzzle has bigger, and fewer pieces. Around 30 pieces would be good.
- Send the first 3 pieces of the puzzle that would make up one of the corners. You should insert a cover letter that lets them know when they are able to solve the puzzle… to either call or email you the complete word (or idea) of the puzzle… and you’ll give them a $100 gift card to a popular, local restaurant. Let them know you’ll be sending them pieces every week for the next 10 weeks.
- Here’s what’s happening…
1) You are getting them to interact with you via the puzzle
2) You are approaching them in a way nobody else ever has… you are different and are standing out from your competitors.
3) You are getting them to actually THINK about your proposition. REALLY think about it. IF you have a great idea or proposition… you are golden!
4) You are getting them to reach out to you (when they finish the puzzle)… instead of you reaching out to them. The chemistry is completely different when they are chasing you vs. you chasing them. In a GOOD way!