You can instantly make your marketing… bio… mail piece… seminar… or any communication you have with the public, INSTANTLY more effective by asking yourself these 3 questions.
Put yourself in the shoes of the client and ask:
- What’s Your Point?
- Why does it matter?
- So what?
That is exactly what your client is thinking… and if whatever you are presenting does not immediately give them an answer that is compelling… you are done. They have moved on.
Think about what goes through someone’s mind when they ask you what you do and you say, “I’m a Wealth Manager.”
- What’s your point? – “Isn’t everyone that manages someone’s money, a wealth manager? I guess no need to pursue this conversation.”
- Why does that matter? – “I’ve got a wealth manager, so I guess this guy and his story doesn’t matter.”
- So what? — “I know 5 guys at church… 2 in rotary and 2 that play basketball at noon that are wealth managers too.”
So, what’s your chances of moving this conversation towards a possible business relationship?
What if instead you said, “I help people born between 1949 and 1959 use a little known tax code that allows them to reduce the tax they pay on their investment income to less than 1%” (You are simply using a simple split annuity).
- What’s your point? – “I’m that age, that would apply to me! I’d like to know more.”
- Why does that matter? — “It matters a lot! I hate paying taxes!”
- So what? – “So, tell me more… I’m the right age… I’m paying taxes on my investments… and I detest doing so!”
Be specific about how your offer fixes something that frustrates them, and your success will go way up.