One of the best ways to grow your business is to put yourself between a client and the transfer of money. Here’s a great example of how to do that.
Many empty nest baby-boomers are considering downsizing to a more maintenance-free, independent home. Have you thought about the kind of value you can bring to the table before… during… and after they do that?
- Help them figure out what their home is worth
- Show them how staging their home could increase the value
- Walk them through how expenses would change for the better… or worse
- Walk them through the advantages and disadvantages of paying off their home 100%
- Create a more efficient retirement income plan for once they move
Create a workshop that goes through these and any other value-added issues you can think of. When you do, you have now put yourself between the prospect and a major transfer of money. As an added bonus… people are psychologically inclined to make other big changes and decisions when they sell a home. Use this to make changing their advisor… TO YOU… one of those big changes!