In the research report Evaluating the Cost of Sales Calls, over 90% of buyers stated they wanted more value and less selling… they want the people selling to them to be resources for ways to make their lives better. Unfortunately, buyers said they experience the opposite 69% of the time. And only 39% of buyers felt that the people marketing to them understood their needs, instead of just selling to them.
In the RainToday.com research report, How Clients Buy, 85% of buyers reported that the people who sold them made major mistakes. Some of the top errors were not listening and not understanding needs.
So, how do you get your marketing to be more value oriented and ensure the client that you understand their needs? Use Value-ad Lead Magnets.
Definition of Lead Magnet from Investopedia.com
A lead magnet is a marketing term for a free item or service that is given away for the purpose of gathering contact details; for example, lead magnets can be trial subscriptions, samples, white papers, e-newsletters, and free consultations.
Here’s some examples to get your creative juices flowing:
- Do you have retirement calculators on your website? There are many services that you can use to create calculators for you… outgrow.co is a great place to start.
- Tax reduction tip sheets available on your website?
- Hiring a shredding truck and host a shredding event
- A Sign-up for your monthly newsletter on your website?
- A white paper give-away describing the 10 Biggest IRA Mistakes
- Teach a community class on the 5 Biggest Retirement Mistakes and How to Avoid Them… or any other topic on which you have expertise
- A guide to how to leverage employee stock options can attract high earners
These are just a few of the ideas, but you get the drift. With these types of lead magnets, you’ll attract people that are interested in the things that you do best. It’s a Win-Win!