I lied to show you that it works… Top 10 Lists… and for that matter, any list grabs people’s attention. They can’t help it!
Come up with a steady flow of top 10 lists:
- Top 10 tax savings ideas for retirees
- 10 best online tools investors can use to make better investments
- 10 things that can financially ruin your retirement… and how to avoid them
And it doesn’t need to be ten:
- 5 ways to instantly increase your retirement income
- 3 ways to boost your Social Security retirement income
- 5 ways to both increase your vacation’s fun… and decrease its cost!
You are tapping into people’s curiosity. Did you know that over 1/3 of Buzzfeed’s posts have a number in the title? People love short, easy-to-digest information. Lists give them that.
What do you do with your list?
- Email them to your clients and prospects
- Create a video about them
- Add them on your website
- Send out a press release
- Make them a part of your monthly newsletter
And the great thing about these lists is that they can be recycled. Use them once a year or when something occurs in the news that would make your list apropos.