How? Just get in front of more people, right? WRONG!
FIRST… you must be confident that you can close a…
- tire kicker
- plate licker
- someone that loves their advisor
- someone that does it all themselves
When you are confident you can sell those 4 types of people… marketing and getting in front of people goes away.
Why? Because getting in front of those people is EASY! The reason we don’t market is that we think these people are lousy people… not qualified… impossible to sell. Again, WRONG!
Do you have something of value that people want? What’s the only thing between your prospect and that thing? You. So, if they ain’t buying… there’s only one problem.
Fix the problem and you’ll be confident you can sell those people you used to think were uncloseable.
I went from making $50,000/yr. to $967,00 in 2 years… and I saw less people! Why? Because I was closing tire kickers, plate lickers, DIYers and people who loved their adviser.
Start doing these things and you will attain the skills to sell the unsaleable…
- Record all your meetings and listen to them—ask yourself, “Would I buy from me?”
- Use those recording to make your next meeting better than your last. Most advisers haven’t worked on their communication skills in years… if you do it daily, you’ll be amazed at how quickly your income goes up.
- Your first 15 minutes everyday should be spent getting your mind right. Determine the one thing that day, you are going to focus on and get better at doing.
- Not talking over someone
- Asking more questions. Doing less telling and selling
- Not correcting people. Being a know-it-all
- Showing gratitude
- Complimenting people with sincere appreciation
- Writing thank you notes
- Reaching out to a business with an idea
- Checking in with clients to see how they are doing… without mentioning their money
- Determining what you can say in your presentations to overcome a common objection… BEFORE they bring it up
- You should NEVER get an objection more than once or twice… you need to fix your presentation so that in all future presentations… the prospect overcomes it before they bring it up. That’s why my FIA sales presentation has succeeded over 60,000 times in the last 20 years that my advisors have been using it!
- And I could go on and on…
If you just get 2% better each week… compounded over a year… you will have tripled your skill level. How much did your skill level go up last year?