If you want to seal a deal… ALWAYS follow-up. People are going to Google, you, your company, your product, and god knows what else… after they leave your office… or after you send them information.
So, how do you pre-empt this… and instead stoke the fires and get them excited about moving forward?
Here’s some things to think about…
- Send them something out of the ordinary. (above trashcan, or “lumpy” mail is a great example)
- Give them 2 reasons why moving forward will put them in a better position
- The more you make it value-added… meaning things you don’t get paid to do… the more likely they are going to want to follow up. If it’s all about things you’ll get paid on… you are dead in the water… why do you think they aren’t getting back to you in the first place? Duh, they think you just want to make money off them.
- Share an idea you didn’t give them before
- The absolute best thing you can do is give them a case study of someone that had a very similar situation to them… and lay out the problems… your solutions… and where those people are today.