Here’s how you can both look like a hero and get to know your client’s best friends.
People are trapped in their houses now and miss seeing their friends regularly. Why not host a virtual birthday lunch for your best clients? Their family will probably get together virtually… but not necessarily their friends.
Here’s how you do it:
- Go through your files and figure out who’s having a birthday in the next month
- Call their spouse and tell them you want to host a virtual birthday lunch with their friends
- Let them know you’d like to host a virtual get together (choose Zoom, WebEx, Join.me, or any of the other available platforms)
- You’ll arrange to send lunch to each of the invitees via any of the delivery services
- Is arranging all these deliveries a hassle? YES! So, if you are so busy making money that you don’t have time, don’t do this. But, if you are twiddling your thumbs wondering what you are going to do to drum up business… this is NOT a hassle… it is an investment
- Help their spouse get hold of their friends to set up the online get together
- Create a little menu from the restaurant you have chosen… and send it to all the attendees
- This gives you a reason to begin communicating with these folks to get their lunch orders back
- On the day, send out reminders to all the attendees reminding them that lunch is going to be knocking on their door… so they better be there. 😊
- Begin the meeting and tell everyone why you love your client… and then fade into the background (or even disconnect) and let them engage.
You KNOW that your client is going to sing your praises… and you KNOW that all the attendees are going to wonder why their advisor doesn’t love them… as much as you love your clients! And good things are going to come from that!