Before you do anymore marketing… it’s essential that you spend time coming up with a Unique Selling Proposition or Elevator Speech. If you don’t know what makes you different from your competition… people have no reason to come to see you.
If you don’t already have an Elevator Speech, you can get my step-by-step process here.
Once you have decided on your Elevator Speech, here are ten inexpensive ways to use it to get your phone ringing:
1. Email signature—it’s easy and free.
2. Print it on the outside of all your outgoing envelopes
3. Put a little flyer with it on, inside every outgoing letter, making it easier for people to pass it along
4. Put it on a bumper sticker or slap it on the side of your car—let’s say that the ABC hospital is a huge employer in your town. What if you had a bumper sticker that said… “ABC Nurses Financial Advisor of Choice—www.ABCnursesadvisor.com—do you think you’d get any calls?
5. Don’t ignore bathroom stall advertisements—it’s one of the only places you have a captured audience! They have the time and inclination to read your ad!
6. If you own your building… have a rotating banner on the outside of your building
a. Free shredding in our parking lot next Saturday
b. Your Elevator Speech
c. What documents should you keep? And throw? Go to www.yourwebsite.com to
d. Join us for lunch and a short discussion of how the election will affect your investments…
e. And on and on… rotate the banner every couple of weeks
7. Anything involving food is awesome! Here’s an idea. Approach a local restaurant that is frequented by your target market. Ask them if you would be allowed to print your elevator speech on the outside of a cookie sack… then, the restaurant will send every lunch customer home with a free cookie in that sack, on you
8. You have to.. Have To… HAVE TO… utilize your on-hold message to provide value to your clients. On hold music is a waste of valuable message time.
9. A picture paints a thousand words. Try to use pictures to highlight your offer anywhere you can. Pictures grab people’s attention.
10. Create an idea file—If you see an advertisement that catches your eye… COPY IT! If it caught your eye, it caught other people’s attention as well.